You are here
Get the most comprehensive, timely coverage of global liquids production including oil, condensate, NGLs, and other liquids
Feed your existing models with a modular report, raw data, and commentary unavailable anywhere else
Genscape’s Global Oil Supply Report ties together fundamental, actionable intelligence across key producing regions to fill in the existing supply chain gaps. The forecasts are disaggregated by liquid type and country, and they are provided in monthly and annual formats. Moreover, each country is built from the individual field-area levels into the nation’s total production so that discreet events and production plans can be captured. Genscape’s forecasts are updated and distributed to clients on a monthly basis.
Traders, analysts, portfolio managers, refiners, petroleum producers, and more can leverage the report to make better-informed decisions and stay on top of producing regions with limited transparency.
In addition to country and field research, the report makes uses of waterborne cargo tracking and other signals intelligence to obtain information that is useful is deciphering current production levels and changes that affect future volumes.
Importantly, Genscape recently combined its proprietary flare signature evaluation methodology with liquids production data by field in key producing countries (number of covered countries is expanding) to create a high-frequency estimate of total oil and other liquids production: Genscape’s High-Frequency Oil Production Monitor. The goal was to generate accurate production level tracking to both assess previous weeks and months faster than other sources, and to detect inflection points early. Clients of the Global Oil Supply Report receive discounted access to Genscape’s High-Frequency Oil Production Monitor.
The methodology behind the monitor goes beyond a simple on/off flare indicator; instead, it incorporates the magnitude and nature of the flares. Proper interpretation of the flare data is crucial given that the flare signature’s information content is not always static across time depending on each individual field’s operational facets and performance.
Features of the Global Crude Oil Supply Report:
- Coverage of thousands of global production streams
- Data file containing five-year forward-looking forecast (monthly and annual), broken out by country and liquid type (crude, condensate, NGLs, and non-conventional liquids)
- Historical data back to 2010 by country and liquid type (crude, condensate, NGLs, and non-conventional liquids)
- Analysis and commentary that provide vital insights into evolving trends and events
- Quarterly customer-only webinars that will deep dive into the report and answer questions
- Commentary and analysis on a country-by-country basis as applicable
- Periodic, timely alerts, repair status tracking, and analysis of fluid situations
Benefits of the Global Crude Oil Supply Report:
- Save time by plugging this modular report into existing global crude supply models
- Leverage comprehensive coverage of regions sourced through a combination of government data, operator data, regulatory documents, news, and Genscape’s proprietary data
- Understand Genscape’s forecast for regions and and make decisions using the pertinent underlying fundamental source data, which includes imagery and flaring signals
- Get timely alerts from Genscape’s active monitoring, for the closest to “real-time” reporting available
- Gain confidence that the format and content of the report will be regularly updated in response to both customer feedback and geopolitical developments arising in the region
- Save money and resources with a report that includes what is most important to customers and removes superfluous data
You are here
Receive unparalleled insight into the current state of African oil supply
Gain a better understanding of the rapidly changing oil-producing continent with details for 26 countries
Africa produces well over 8 million barrels per day of petroleum liquids today, and could exceed 9 million barrels per day by 2019, making the continent a significant global oil producer.
The volatility in the region, however, means that hundreds of thousands of barrels per day of oil production can be taken offline or come back online very quickly, in a span of weeks rather than months. Therefore, Africa drives significant swing changes and global volatility compared to more “stable” oil producers.
Genscape’s Crude Oil Supply Report Africa provides the most valuable, comprehensive window available into the current state of African oil supply. Using Genscape’s proprietary monitoring, government and publicly-available data, and imagery, the report combines forecasting and data science to provide a unique view of the rapidly-changing oil producing continent, with details for 26 countries and a specific focus on the conflict states of Libya, Nigeria, and Sudan/South Sudan.
You are here
Granular crude oil production data for key locations in South and Latin America
Leverage data based on proprietary flare signature models to get a clear view into the market
South and Latin America (“SLAM”) produce ~9.5 million barrels per day of petroleum liquids today (including ethanol). Yet, the region faces both strong growth from Brazil and Guyana, and it faces uncertain outcomes from planned recoveries in Colombia and Mexico, sizeable potential from part of Ecuador, and Venezuela’s seemingly constant and precipitous declines.
Given the variety of producer situations, SLAM is a crucial component to the future of global petroleum production.
Genscape’s Crude Oil Supply Report SLAM provides the most valuable, comprehensive window available into the current state of SLAM oil supply. Using Genscape’s proprietary monitoring, government and publicly-available data, and imagery, the report combines forecasting and data science to provide a unique view of the rapidly-changing oil producing continent, with details for 16 countries and a specific focus on the conflict states of Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, and Venezuela.